I've lost track of how many days it's been now....
Sorry for the long delay between posts.
We went to the plastic surgeon in early December. As far as she is concerned, they can do the surgery to do her bone graft any time. She's done with Mom as long as Mom doesn't need her. Good news!
A week later, we went to see the ortho docs. MUCH happier news this time. It appears that her body is making bone around the area where she is missing bone in her right leg. That's fantastic news - the doc says that indicates her body will help when they go do to the bone graft. So, when's that going to be?
Well.... we're not entirely sure. His plan was to do it around the January 5 /6 time frame. However, we've hit another bump. After being horribly sick for a week, Mom was finally diagnosed with an infected gall bladder yesterday. As a result, they're putting her on antibiotics to get the inflammation down. They'll do surgery in 4-6 weeks to remove her gall bladder. We're still waiting on word regarding whether the ortho docs will want to wait until after the gall bladder is removed to do the bone graft. Mom's in the hospital for a few days right now (back at OU), so hopefully we'll get that answer by the time they send her home.
So, that's the story of late. Prior to getting this gall bladder issue, Mom was really doing well. She's very mobile - she can get herself all over the place very efficiently. She is in pretty good spirits, but definitely ready to be on the road to improvement. She was even going to try to make some schnetka on Sunday (that was when we still thought she'd be getting better!!). So, she's getting more active and doing things that she truly enjoys.
So, please keep her in your prayers - we've still got a LOT in front of us. I'll put up another post when we get word on what ortho plans to do.
Until next time...