Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 12 - October 11, 2008

SHE'S OFF THE VENTILATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

They took her off the vent at about 8am today!!! She's been talking with us a little bit, and she reminded me that someone owes her a Dr. Pepper in the morning! She's very with it!

Even though she's off the vent, we need to make sure she gets her rest. Also, they are VERY strict about only 2 visitors at a time in her room. So, we're going to try to keep the traffic in her room to a minimum as long as she's still in ICU. So, if you come to visit, please come to the waiting room to find us rather than going directly to her room - they get very cranky with us with too much foot traffic in ICU. We certainly welcome your visits, though!!!!!

Also, I know Dad told folks at school that we hadn't really talked with her about CBA so far. I talked with her today about the Pumpkin festival. She wanted to know what all the class made, and who made the pumpkin rolls. I told her that Dad had tested and approved the pumpkin rolls, and she seemed satisfied with that. I asked her if she knew how long she had been here, and she said "2 weeks." I asked if she remembered what happened, and she said "You mean about the wreck?" She's really very clear. At one point she said to me, "I'm ok." I asked her if she was asking or telling, and she said telling. We still obviously have a long road ahead of us, but at least we can all take comfort in the fact that her mind is very good.

The plan is still to take her to surgery sometime today, but we really don't know when. Again, they are simply going to clean her wounds again, but not make any repairs today. Then, the plan would be for surgery again to clean it on Monday

3 comments:

Tyralee45 said...

Yes!!! Emmanda called and told me this morning..."She's off the ventilator!" Our prayers are working!

M.T. said...

Praise the Lord! God is faithful!

Schimmer Family said...

Alana, the website is such a blessing. We've been praying for your mom ever since Day 1. Cherie told me about the website on the 4th day, I guess, and we've been following it ever since. Just no time to extend our heartfelt sympathy to you all.

God is so good to show us His reality. There is nothing like affliction to drive us to Him. It's a wonder to me that He allows us all the good times. And 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 underscores the care the members of the body of Christ have for each other. It's the hard times that bring us closer to each other, as well to Him. Isn't it awesome the way He raises up prayer support? (We love you, Lord!)

MG (and Ray) Brown (and our kids and their spouses, and my mother in Vinita have prayed, too)
Psalm 119:50 — "This is my comfort in my affliction, That Thy word [has preserved me alive]. NASB non-updated, words in [] from original text