Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 9 - October 8, 2008

So, no surgery today. They had some traumas come in, so if they were to do the surgery today, we wouldn't be getting the best surgery team. Given the complexity of this particular surgery, they want only the best working on her. Therefore, she's the second case on the schedule tomorrow. If, for some reason, the first case cancels, she'll go to surgery around 7:30 or 8:00 am. If the case doesn't cancel, she'll go mid-morning to late afternoon. So, we're a little disappointed, but if we'll have a better surgical team, that's more important. Given they are planning surgery tomorrow, we won't be getting the ventilator off today. None of this is really a setback, just a delay. More tomorrow!

More visitors today:
Charlie Blount
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Rickles
Clare and Rhonda Goering
Terry and Terri Fellenstein
Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Sawatzky
Tym Phillips (friend of the young man who died)
Dillon Janz (friend of the young man who died)
Debbie Schimmer


Tyralee45 said...

That will give her and you guys a chance to rest. The prayers will continue.

Babystepper said...

We're still praying too. God is in control, even of delays.

Atina said...

Still praying here in Sweden too. God answers prayers! God bless you specially now in this time. And we'll pray for more strenght for you all!
/Emmelie in Sweden

connie said...

We are praying for you all as well as the doctors who will be preforming the surgery.

Melva said...

Our prayers join so many others for your peace and recovery. Patty is a special lady and so very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Melva Snider

Sooner Boomer said...

Donated Wednesday 2RBC OBI Lawton. Designated Patient Credit to Patty Schimmer at OU MC. Donated in Memory of Mr. E. Huckabay.
Phillip and Vicky Liles
First Baptist Church Snyder, OK